When moving out of a rental property, there is a certain list that tenants should abide by to make the process as simple as possible. Here are a few objectives to go by to help you and the realtor through the move out process.
- Be aware of what your lease states. If you’re not aware of the lease statements, give your property manager a call to get a better understanding of what is being asked of you.
- Clean all kitchen appliances which would include Fridge, Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer, Microwave, and Stove top, etc.
- Gather all the keys given to you at the beginning of your rental process
- Document Everything when moving out. Pictures or video of the inside and outside of the property after everything is moved out is a very important step to this process. The documentation of pictures or video as discussed in Move-In Tips, will help clarify the differences from the move in day to the move out day.
- Be aware of repairs that need to be done. If you don’t know how to repair damages such as holes in the wall or dirty carpets, contact a professional for a quote or talk to your property manager and see what they suggest.